The Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE), in partnership with local colleges, universities, school districts, and charter schools, is providing up to $3,200 per year for classified employees seeking to earn their teaching credential.
Funding is applied toward the cost of tuition for the completion of a bachelor’s degree and or a teaching credential in the high needs areas of Special Education, Math or Science. Classified employees receive the funding in the form of a tuition payment directly to the university for which they are enrolled. In exchange, participants must then fulfill a promise to teach one year in the district/agency they are currently employed for every year of financial assistance received.
C3P2T Electronic Application
Applicants will be required to provide employment and education/credential information.
Additional application requirements:
After completing the electronic application, submit your transcripts and letters of recommendation directly to your personnel department.
|DOWNLOAD FAQ for printing (PDF)|
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR C3P2T?
(Applicants must meet all requirements listed below)
- Applicants must be employed by one of the *C3P2T partnering Riverside County school districts, charter school or county office and working as a classified employee.
- Applicants must have already completed an associate's or higher level degree or completed at least two years of study towards a bachelor's degree at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Applicants must agree to become a credentialed MATH, SCIENCE, or SPECIAL EDUCATION teacher.
C3P2T PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Tuition up to $3,200 per year. Participants enrolled will have tuition paid directly to the institution of choice. Enrollment verification is required for completion of payments. Participants must provide RCOE with transcripts (grades) at the end of each academic semester/quarter/term.
- RCOE test preparation courses for the CBEST, CSET, and RICA.
- Academic and non-academic support, as needed, including academic advisement at RCOE, at participating universities, tutoring, and cohort meetings that give participants the information and training necessary to make the leap from classified service to certificated service.
- Ongoing support of an individual program ‘Navigator’ who will serve as a mentor to support and advise throughout the completion of credentialing process.
* C3P2T Consortium Participating Agencies
(Click on link below to send an email to the agency’s point of contact)
- Alvord Unified School District
- Banning Unified School District
- Beaumont Unified School District
- Coachella Valley Unified School District
- Desert Sands Unified School District
- Hemet Unified School District
- Jurupa Unified School District
- Lake Elsinore Unified School District
- Menifee Union School District
- Murrieta Valley Unified School District
- Perris Union High School District
- River Springs Charter School
- Riverside County Office of Education
- Riverside Unified School District
- Romoland School District
- San Jacinto Unified School District